In today’s episode, Starve the Doubts host Jared Easley is joined by Jody Maberry from parkleaders.com, as they interview Chase Reeves, a weird mix of business, design, marketing, and tomfoolery. He is a blogger, podcaster, and entrepreneur through his work on Fizzle Co.
Based in Portland, Oregon with his lovely wife and son, Chase helps entrepreneurs find their creative habit while avoiding burnout. He seeks to serve independent entrepreneurs create tools and resources to help guide them through their unique journey.
If you’re looking for some energy boost, listening to this episode should do it for you! Chase is ten times the power of caffeine with his witty, whimsical, and supercharged persona. Plus, find out about the one donut that made him want to be a better man!
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- His favorite iOS calendar app – it’s just what he has dreamt of!
- Standing out from the crowd
- The importance of studying screenwriting
- How screenwriting applies to copywriting and connecting with people
- Why Chase switched his podcasting host to SoundCloud
- Writing emails to his five-year old boy every month
- Overcoming a tragedy in your life
The power of learning screenwriting
Chase’s book recommendation: A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller
- About how the author learned the elements of story to turn his real life story into something that makes sense on screen
Why Chase loves movies and screenwriting so much
- What does it mean to be human
- What are we looking to achieve
- What do we want this to be like
- How do we make sense of the things that happen to us
Why Chase likes SoundCloud
Why he created a Gmail account for his son
Dealing with a loss of a loved one
- Not getting into any new, huge project where you can vent your anger/emotions at
- Allowing yourself to just be in that moment to let the grief wash over you
- Having people around that you can talk to
Connect with Chase at www.fizzle.co to check out the blogs, podcast, etc.
Chase’s final thoughts for the listeners:
“We’re all gonna die so enjoy yourselves.”