Jeffrey Gitomer is the author of The New York Times best sellers The Sales Bible, The Little Red Book of Selling, The Little Black Book of Connections, and The Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. Jeffrey gives over 100 presentations a year including public and corporate seminars, He runs annual sales meetings, and conducts live and ternet training programs on selling, customer loyalty, and personal development. In August, 2008, Jeffrey was inducted into the National Speaker Association’s Speaker Hall of Fame. Jeffrey says, “I give value first. I help other people. I strive to be the best at what I love to do. I establish long term relationships with everyone. I have fun (and I do that every day).”
Jeffrey discusses the following:
- Growing up in a Household that had a Success Mindset. What is your home environment?
- Do something positive everyday.
- If you are not happy with your job… quit.
- Being Prepared.
- Assertive vs Aggressive Sales Tactics
- Determine the motives for why someone wants to buy something.
- Why Jeffrey relies on himself to make sales.
- How to accomplish a desired outcome.
- Positive Mental Attitude – Your attitude stays with you.
- Jeffrey does not bother watching TV.
- Jeffrey discusses the importance of putting in “half a day” by 8 am.
- Why is sales sometimes seen as a red-headed step child
- Developing a personal brand
- Those who work hard tend to be luckier – Jeffrey can’t do lazy
- Are you loving what you do? Assess where you are now… are you an 8 or a 9? If not, quit.
- Take rejection as a part of the Sales Process. A no leads to a yes.