027 – Seth Godin – Go Make A Ruckus!

Seth Godin is the guest for Episode 27. Seth is an American entrepreneur, author and public speaker. He is the founder of the Domino Project which is changing the way that books are built, sold and spread. Seth is also the founder of Squidoo.com, a fast-growing recommendation website. Seth writes the most popular marketing blog in the world. He is the author of outstanding books such as Survival is not EnoughThe Purple CowThe DipPermission MarketingTribesLinchpinThe Icarus Deception just to name a few! For more info, connect with Seth on Twitter, Facebook or visit his blog.

Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:

• Seth shares some tips for the listeners who want to find ways to better connect with their audience
  • Seth shares a failure and discusses a time that required him to chang his mind
  • The story behind the Window Shopping and Macaroni Cheese
  • How Seth overcame self doubt when he was going through difficult seasons of his life
  • What Seth learned from the release of Survival is not Enough that prepped him for The Purple Cow
  • Types of resistance Seth faces now in this stage of his career
  • Seth offers some encouragement to the listeners who are working full time jobs, have a family, but want to create art and fly closer to the sun.
  • The balance between creating art and being prudent – based on his recent blog posts that discuss changing tactics when the situation demands
  • The people that interest Seth now
  • Seth’s final message to everyone: Go Make a Ruckus!
Seth Godin - Go Make A Ruckus

Seth Godin on Starve the Doubts

In the meantime… Always treat others the way that they want to be treated, always do your best and remember to Starve the Doubts,

Jared Easley

28 Comments

1. Peter Billingham on August 5, 2013 at 2:29 am

You are just doing that – Making A Ruckus!

Coup master! Well done on securing this interview – know that it must have take a lot of “starving the doubts” just to even think about going for it! Loved the interview and just full of nuggets of gold. Top one for me – 900 straight rejections …. never, never, never, never give up as Winston says!

Congratulations Jared!!

• Jared Easley on August 5, 2013 at 11:55 am

Thanks Peter! I was extremely honored to get the chance to speak with Mr. Godin. When can you & I catch up?

2. Tammy Helfrich on August 6, 2013 at 12:00 am

GREAT episode. I’m a huge Seth Godin fan, and I absolutely love that when you asked him who’s doing something great, he said you! Way to go.

• Jared Easley on August 8, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Thank you Tammy! It’s time to go make a ruckus “right where you are!” :)

3. Alex Barker on August 6, 2013 at 7:36 am

AWESOME! Jared, way to go landing this interview! I loved hearing it.

• Jared Easley on August 6, 2013 at 8:02 am

Thanks Alex! The Leadership Dojo rocks! You are doing great work sir. Have you had an opportunity to meet Mr. Peter Billingham from peterbillingham.com? He is a superstar & would be a great person to get to know :)

4. Mark Sheldon on August 6, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Great interview Jared and a super backstory as to how you managed to land an interview with Seth. Keep starving the doubts buddy :)

5. Justin Carper on August 7, 2013 at 8:14 am

I loved the interview. I’m new to your podcast, and I am thoroughly enjoying it! Keep up the good work. I’m off to make a ruckus!

• Jared Easley on August 8, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Thank you Justin! You are greatly appreciated sir :)

6. Jody Maberry on August 9, 2013 at 2:52 am

You are doing great work Jared. An interview like this does not fall into your lap. It takes hustle. it takes making a ruckus. You held up your end during the interview. Keep it up.

• Jared Easley on August 10, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Thank you Jody! You are greatly appreciated sir.

7. Clark Buckner (@ClarkBuckner) on August 9, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Congrats!!! Seth Godin is my hero.

• Jared Easley on August 10, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Thanks Clark! ETPcast 4 life!

8. May on August 10, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Love Seth’s sense of humor and insights! I’m always inspired by him…
    Great job Jared…
    Take responsibility, do things that matter on purpose, connect people and make changes! Most importantly, starve the doubts!

• Jared Easley on August 10, 2013 at 11:15 pm

Thanks May!! You are aMAYzing my friend!

9. Dave Arnold on August 16, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Serh is incredible! So cool you had this chance to interview him. Nicely done.

• Jared Easley on August 16, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Thank you Dave! How did you find the podcast?

10. Arlen Miller on September 17, 2013 at 10:39 am

Mr. Jared, That was a great interview. Who said we should do it the normal way? Thanks for doing it in your unique style. I’m glad I got to meet you at the meetup with Jeff Goins and Andy Traub this past weekend at Brentwood. I like your high speed style.

• Jared Easley on September 17, 2013 at 11:19 am

Thank you Arlen! It was a great privilege to meet you at the Jeff Goins & Amdy Traub meetup.

11. Lesley on October 6, 2013 at 6:01 am

Love Seth! Thanks for this great interview. Create more humanity not stuff – love this. Just discovered this site and really appreciate podcasts. Found out about you from Chris Brogan.

• Jared Easley on October 6, 2013 at 6:33 am

Thank you Lesley! Would you be willing to tell me about goodnews.au? Have an awesome week & “Go make a ruckus”!

12. Rex Williams on October 8, 2013 at 2:18 am

Another Chris Brogan customer, but I’ve been a Seth fan for many years. Great interview! Nice work you’re doing here, Jared. Looks like you’ve got some great connections.

I’ve been on a curiosity kick ever since something Seth wrote about it clicked.

Curiosity might be a good way to starve the doubts, because it’ll lead you to action, if you’re curious enough.

• Jared Easley on October 8, 2013 at 3:44 am

Thank you Rex! I am curious about your site (areyoucuriousenpugh.com). Would you be willing to share?

13. Kyle Musser on December 5, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Great interview Jared! & love the video at the end. Seth is an incredible communicator & story teller. Keep it coming!

• Jared Easley on December 6, 2013 at 7:47 am

Thank you Kyle! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.

Fellow Ruckus Maker,
      Jared

14. […] STARVE027 – Seth Godin – Go Make A Ruckus! Starve the Doubts […]

15. Connecting With Others with Jared Easley on April 28, 2014 at 3:27 pm

[…] Jared interviews Seth Godin […]

16. Efe Peter on September 6, 2014 at 7:26 am

Greet interview, Seth has inspire me so much with his tips on creating and feeding a tribe Jared for the interview

Pin It on Pinterest